June 18, 2014

HoldsABit - Drill Bit holder



I recently received a new product to review form a manufacture located here in U.S.A. Its called Holdsabit. What it is, is a bit holder for drill bits, drivers, and tips. Mostly small ¼ inch hex shank bits of various sizes that straps onto a full sized drill. It can hold round drill bits too, with and with out hex inserts. With the round drill bits, you can only really hold drill bits that are roughly ¼ inch sizes, because anything bigger would not fit, and anything smaller would just fall out.

It keeps all your drill bits in one place, easily accessible right on your drill. I mainly plan to use it for ¼ inch hex shanks bits of all various sizes be it Philips or standard, Torx or square drives.  













It appears to be made out of strong hard silicon rubber, similar to that found on the nose piece of my Bosch 18 volt impact driver. Its really strong stuff and once you put it on a large drill such as a 18 volt or 20 volt cordless drill it stays on. I was worried that it might block the heat vents on the drills but it really doesn't interfere with anything. To install it you start by looping it thought the front of the drill driver first and then pull the rear loop over the back of the drill. Once on it stays on. The bit holder portions of the slits really hold down the ¼ inch hex shanks tightly, so tight in fact that you really have to pull on the bit itself in order to remove it. The only thing that might worry me is the two loop bands, although they are strong, I wonder if over time of removing it and putting it back on different drills will they’ll tear, or break off? I really doubt they will break because it’s made of really strong rubber. I would personally buy one for each of my larger drills, so I wouldn't have to keep switching it from drill to drill.



Most of my drills don’t have anywhere to store bits. The only drill I've ever owned that had drill bit storage for was an old Ryobi 18 volt impact driver that had two small metal clips on the base to store bits. Funny thing is they would always fall out.Your not gonna have that problem with the "Holdsabit" because it will keep your bits in place. Holdsabit is going to be a great addition to my tool arsenal, and I recommend anyone with a large cordless drill to get one, or two. They are really handy to have around.


I did find that they sort off work with some of my smaller 12 volt Bosch, Milwaukee, even my 12 volt DeWALT drills. They really are not meant for smaller drills, the only 12 volt that I found it fit securely on was the Milwaukee impact driver. Other then that keep it to larger drills.








Now where to buy one; you can get more information at www.Holdsabit.com, or e-mail them at info@holdsabit.com. Online retailer Xfastnerers.com has them also. I searched the internet but could not find any online retailers selling the Holdsabit, but that could be because it’s a new product. As far as price point, I do not have that information yet. I personally would pay 10 to 20 dollars for it; my product sample was shipped with USA made Torx and Philips bits attached to it. I would imagine that would bring the price up. The website does not state a price for the Holdsabit.

Here is a list of things you can place in your holdsabit

  • Insert bits - Star, Torx, Square, Phillips, and Straight - From 1" to 4" in length
  • Hex shank drill bits
  • Nut drivers
  • Pencils/Pens
  • Magnetic tip holders
  • And many more…..


TheToolReviewGuy Recommendation of Buy









1 comment:

  1. Excellent work. I really appreciate to your quality work. I hope for more help the topmost magnetic impact bit holder 2020 will best.

    ReplyDelete

Top 10

View My Stats