October 09, 2013

Husky HSTC4151 Pneumatic Impact Wrench

I purchased this Husky ½ inch air Impact Wrench about 3 months ago, I have a Craftsman ½ air impact wrench and ratchet set but it did not have enough torque to remove lug nuts, so I upgraded to the Husky. Let me start by saying even though some people don’t like husky tools, mainly because they are made in China, or Taiwan. This ½ impact wrench is awesome. Now I wanted an Ingersoll Rand impact wrench, just don’t see the need to dish out 150 bucks for something that as of right now I’m only going to use from time to time. For fewer than 60 bucks the Husky will do just fine.



 I've taken plenty of lug nuts off my Honda Accord, my buddy’s F350 dully, and as you can see in my picture, even my take home Crown Victoria squad car. Now on the Crown Victoria, every time it’s taken to the shop for service, they use an air impact wrench to tighten the bolts down. They over tighten them, which is the wrong thing to do. They should use a torque wrench set at 100 ft. lbs.’ which is what I do when I get home from the shop. The Husky HSTC4151 which from the looks of it is identical to the HSTC4150, has plenty of power for most DIY projects. Now I don’t use it for work, I’m not a mechanic by trade, but I believe with 650 Ft Lbs. of torque, it can handle most DIY projects.















The Tool Review Guy recommendation of BUY


PRODUCT OVERVIEW

The STC International 1/2 in. Air Impact Wrench delivers the power you need along with features that minimize user fatigue. Its 650 ft.-lb. of torque and 1,300 ipm handle many challenging jobs. All of the torque is available in reverse, thanks to a twin hammer mechanism. This impact wrench has a muffler system and swivel air inlet. It directs exhaust away from both the workplace and the operator.

650 ft.-lb. of torque for many difficult tasks

Twin hammer mechanism provides maximum torque output in reverse Delivers 1,300 ipm for powerful performance 

Precision-tip valve for smooth throttle operation 

Adjustable power and forward/reverse knob for full control 

Muffler system for quiet operation 
Swivel air inlet Through-handle exhaust directs air away from the workplace and operator 

Lightweight aluminum composite housing 

Heat-treated and shot-peen-hardened critical components for durability 
 MFG Model # : HSTC4151

Top 10

View My Stats