January 03, 2014

Studpop® The magnetic Stud Finder


So I just received a new tool, directly from the company itself to evaluate. It’s a pretty cool idea, a magnetic stud finder that can fit in your pocket, and doesn't run on batteries. I mean you can’t get any better than that, because when you pluck your stud finder out of your tool box, you don’t want to start looking for batteries to replace the dead ones.

It’s called StudPop, and works on Sheetrock, Tile, Lath, and plaster. It doesn't  matter if the studs are wood or metal, It triggers on the screw itself, and until they start making Sheetrock screws out of plastic, the Studpop should work forever. I tried it out on my bathroom wall, and with in seconds it located the Sheetrock screws, thus finding the stud behind the screw. It was really easy to use, I just followed the instructions on the back of the packaging, it was that easy. The popper, popped up, straight out letting you know you hit the right spot. 




No Stud

Stud located 

Stud located

  
I then tired it on my Travertine tile shower wall, guess what, it worked. I was a little harder to find the screws, mainly due to the thinset thickness. All in all it worked great, I have three other stud finders, a Zircon Studfinder SL, a Stanley InteliSensor plus, and the big boy Milwaukee 12 volt Sub-Scanner. They all have their place, but their biggest draw backs are they all need batteries; in fact the Zircon had a dead battery when I was doing this review.


Which one of these would fit in your pocket?


The StudPop, is a great idea, one of those things that you say geez why didn’t I think of that. It fits in your carpenters tool belt pouch a lot easier then all the others. They come in various colors and are made in the USA. 

TheToolReviewGuy Recommendation of Buy





No comments:

Post a Comment

Top 10

View My Stats