February 05, 2014

Drill Master - Item# 91938 2 Horsepower 14 In. Industrial Cut-Off Saw,




I’ve had this Cut off Saw for well over a year now, and have to say it’s saved me a lot of time, and money. I say this because before I purchased the Harbor Freight Cut-Off Saw, also referred as a Chop Saw, I spent a lot of time cutting square tubing with a 4 ¼ grinder and a cutoff wheel. Back before I purchased the chop saw, I went through half a dozen or so cut off wheels, and at close to two dollars apiece, it was going to get expensive in the long run. But the main reason I decided I wanted to buy a chop saw was that I wanted clean cuts.

So I looked around for a low cost, but decent chop saw. For the exception of Northern Tools and Harbor Freight, most big box stores prices were anywhere from 180 to 200 dollars. In the end I decided on Harbor Freights Drill Master brand Cut-Off saw. It was on sale for 79 dollars with the 20% off coupon got it for 63 dollars plus tax. If you’re able to get a 25% coupon then it can come down to $59 dollars or so.




Now down to the Harbor Freight Chop Saw, for the price I can’t complain, it’s a heavy peace of equipment all steal base, 2 horse power motor, 45 degree adjustable fence, quick release vise, and it folds down into a compact size for storage. It even comes with replacement bushings. The only thing that it comes with this unit that I recommend you taking off as soon as you get it is the 14” blade, its garbage. I ended up buying a Dewalt 14” cut off blade, and I recommend you purchasing a brand name blade. I used the blade that came with it, and after a couple of days of limited use it began to delaminate. Please do yourself a favor buy a Name Brand blade. As for the chop saw itself, I have no complaints, it does a good job slicing through everything I’ve put in front of it, and it left me some money in my pockets. Below are the specs on it.



Arm locking pin

Depth set screw

Guard Closed


Guard Open

Quick Release Open

Quick Release Closed

45 degree adjuster 

Blade removal locking pin


Carrying Handle 

This heavy-duty 14 in. cut-off saw is powered by a high-performance 15 amp, 2 HP motor to slice through metal and masonry with ease. The quick-release vise lets you position your workpiece quickly while the spindle lock allows fast wheel changes. The fully shielded bearings ensure smooth operation. Easy access brushes.
  • High performance 15 amp motor
  • Spindle lock for quick wheel changes
  • Easy access brushes
  • Fully shielded bearings
  • Quick release vise
  • Adjustable fence with 0-45° miter in 5° increments



Specifications
Name2 Horsepower 14 in. Industrial Cut-Off Saw
SKU91938
BrandDrill Master
Amperage (amps)15
CertificationUL, CSA, ETL
ColorSliver
Cutting capacity4-1/4 in
Horsepower (hp)2
Maximum speed (rpm)3500 RPM
Arbor size1 in.
Blade size14 in.
Product Height10-3/4 in.
Product Length25-1/2 in.
Product Width18-1/2 in.
Shipping Weight38.00 lb.
Table dimensions25.5
Accessories IncludedBlade
Warranty90 Day


The Tool Review Guy Recommendation of Buy

2 comments:

  1. cant seem to get a new 14" blade installed. cant get it to slide in/fit ,???any help?? brendabjt1947@aol.com 1/13/15:00 hrs, RON

    ReplyDelete

Top 10

View My Stats