April 30, 2014

Lufkin 25 foot self-centering tape measure L725SCT




Lufkin is a well-known brand that used to be made in the USA and was founded in 1869. In 1967 it was bought out by Cooper Industries, and now like most large global companies they now make there tools in China, and other foreign countries.  This Lufkin tape measure model L725SCT is made in China, but that being said, feels like a well-built quality tool. I've had other Lufkin measuring tools for a while, as a matter of fact my father in-law who it 74 owns several pre 60’s Lufkin tape measures. Some are still usable, and others are pretty beaten up, and have been probably dropped hundreds of times. Of course those were metal cases, the new breed of Lufkin are made of hard plastic, made to withstand numerous drops.










Now to tell you the truth, I wasn’t looking to buy another tape measure. What happened was Sears gave me 4 dollars worth of shop your way reward points, so I ended up getting the Lufkin L725SCT for free. That was the main reason that I got it. It’s one of those free tools deals I always get from time time with Sears reward points; I guess I couldn't resist free stuff.















As for the Lufkin L725SCT tape measure, its feels really well made. I do have 7 or 8 other tape measures in my tool box, several from Harbor Freight, four Stanley brand tape measures, and everything in-between. But the cool thing about the Lufkin L725SCT is the fact that you can get the exact center of any measurement instantly.  It has your current measurement in black and then directly on the bottom of the tape in RED, in 1/8 inch increments, the exact center of your top measurement. Now, you might be thinking do I really need that; after all I’ve been doing the math in my head all my life. Well I've had days where I've gotten frustrated, maybe because it was hot outside, or too much to do in a short amount of time, and I would mess up a measurement here and there. 
With the Lufkin, you don’t have to worry about trying to figure out the center of a measurement; the center is clearly listed in red and can help reassure you've done the math right in your head .

I can honestly tell you it’s a nice feature to have. Don't know if I'll use it much for regular tasks, but its a nice feature. The case is made of highly visible orange plastic,  the tape extents out to 25 feet, and has a basic belt clip. The next time I need to center up a mirror, or need to find the midpoint of a wall for a picture frame, I’ll grab my Lufkin L725SCT that’s for sure.



The Tool Review Guy Recommendation of Buy







Technical Details



Part Number                    L725SCT
Item Weight                     12.8 ounces
Product Dimensions        3.9 x 1.9 x 3.3 inches
Item model number         L725SCTMP
Item Package Quantity   1
Batteries Required?        No

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top 10

View My Stats