November 06, 2013

Makita HR2475 1-Inch D-Handle SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer


Ok, I already have an old beat up Makita 1-inch Rotary hammer drill. So why buy a second one? Well it was on sale, that included a free 70 dollar 4 1/2 inch angle grinder. I got both for 170 tax included. At first I thought to myself, do I really need a new one. after all my old beat up Makita still works. Yea, I guess I do, after all I pretty much got it for 100 bucks, if you discount the price of the angel grinder.


Now my old Makita rotary hammer drill was a work horse, I demolished my old wire and mud laid bathroom wall tiles. Took off 100's of square feet of floor tiles and drilled countless holes. This new Makita HR2475 is just as good as my old Makita, with a new look. As I you can see in the Pictures when I lay them side by side, they look similar.




I have used the new drill several times since I got it, and I can tell It has just as much power, if not more then my old drill. That might be do to the fact that the old one is, well old and a little worn out. The new Makita drill does a great job drilling holes in concrete. I put up a temporary pool fence, and used 1/2 metal electrical conduit as poles, and I can say it took me about 15 minutes to drill 20 holes. The hammer/drill function worked flawlessly. Now I have not used the hammer function by itself yet, but If it's anything like the hammer/drill function, it should be just as good. Know I have to see what I do with my old Makita.








The Tool Review Guy recommendation of BUY



Features 

Powerful 7.0 AMP motor delivers 0-1,100 RPM & 0-4,500 BPM for the most demanding applications

Torque limiting clutch engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging gears if the bit binds


Sequential impact timing delivers timed hammering during rotation to minimize overlapping bit impacts resulting in up to 50% faster drilling


Makita Motor Advantage engineered with field core interlocking steel laminations, dual ball bearing armature and more copper commutator bars, increasing energy transfer efficiency for more power and longer tool life


Extended life brushes are longer for more work between service intervals and less downtime


40 bit angle settings allow the bit to be set at different positions for operating convenience


3-mode operation for "Rotation Only", "Hammering with Rotation" or "Hammering Only" for multiple applications
Ergonomic D-shaped handle with rubberized soft grip for increased comfort and control


One-touch sliding chuck for quick bit changes
"No hammering when idling" function helps increase tool life

Recessed lock-on button for continuous use
Accepts SDS-PLUS bits




Tool Specifications 









Capacity   Concrete1"
Capacity   Steel1/2"
Capacity   Wood1-1/4"
No Load Speed0-1,100 rpm
Blows per Minute0-4,500 bpm
Impact Energy2.7 joules
2.0 ft.lbs.
AMPS (120V)7.0
Bit TypeAccepts
SDS-PLUS bits
Overall Length16-7/8"
Net Weight6.6 lbs.




Top 10

View My Stats