October 21, 2013

Craftsman Pocket Telescopic Magnetic Pick-Up Tool Item# 00946948000 Model# 46948



 So I decided to go to Kmart next door to the Home Depot, which has been there for 40 plus year. Boy this place hasn't changed much since when I was a kid. I walked in because they cut about ¼ of the store in order to open an a grocery store where the old tool and garden section was before. I was looking for old Stock Craftsman tools. 








The tool section, used to be 4 to 5 isles large, but now they cut it down to one. They had a very limited stock of Craftsman tools, but I figured I’d try it because it was an old store and probably had old Made in the USA stock still on hand. I ended up location Telescopic Magnetic Pick-Up Tool along with other old stock Craftsman Made in the USA tools.


I tested it out when I got home, and was surprised when it could pick up large sockets, along with the standard nuts and bolts I knew it would pick up. This tool will come in handy for all those parts that fall down under the hood when you’re working on you engine. It has a movable metal cap around the magnet that goes up and down the shaft. It keeps the magnet from sticking to unwanted metal surfaces while you go down into, let’s say an engine bay to retrieve that bolt that just fell. This pick up tool will help retrieve all those ferrous metal objects you've lost in tight places. So it's going to be a nice addition to my collection, and would be nice in yours too.

The Tool Review Guy Recommendation of BUY

Specifications

lifts dropped metal objects and can lift 2-1/2 lbs.

Telescopes from 5-1/2 in. to 25-1/2 in.

Cushion grip won't slip in wet or oily hands.

Lifts ferrous metal objects weighing up to 2 lbs.

Powercap® shields sides of magnet from attaching to unwanted metal surfaces


Top 10

View My Stats