November 12, 2013

Makita 9557NB 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder


So I got tired of my Harbor Freight Drill Master 4 ½ angle grinder, even though it has served me well, it lacked power, and the damn power button would pop out to the off position all the time by itself. If that wasn't the final straw, I received an electrical shock from power button. So I decided to look around and searched for a well known brand. I found a 1 inch Makita hammer drill that came with a free Makita 9557NB 4 ½ inch angle girder. They both came out to 170 dollars shipped, not bad when you consider the angle grinder goes for 70 dollars by itself.















I got a chance to try it out on my steel gate project that I’m welding up at the moment. This Grinder is a night and day difference from my Harbor Freight angle grinder. It has heft to it, the power button works great, stays on, and best of all it doesn't give me a electrical shock every time I turn it on. It has a 7.5 amp motor, wheel guard, and dual sided handle inserts.  I can apply pressure to the piece that I’m grinding down, be it a weld, or cutting a 2” x 2” square tubing, and it doesn't’ slow down like my old Harbor Freight did.




I wish I would have gotten it a long time ago, and I've learned that you can’t skimp on a grinder, like you might be able to on other tools. This was a great purchase, and being that it only cost me, well nothing, makes it even a better deal.


SPECIFICATIONS

Amperage (amps) 7.5 Arbor Size 5/8 in. 
Assembled Depth (in.) 13.540 in Assembled Height (in.) 4.52 in 
Assembled Width (in.) 5.51 in Certifications and Listings 1-UL Listed 
Color Family Teal Color Family Teal 
Cord Length (ft.) 8.2 Corded Tool Type Angle Grinder 
Cordless/Corded Corded Manufacturer Warranty 1 Year Warranty 
Maximum Speed (rpm) 10000 Power Tool Product Type Corded 
Product Depth (in.) 10.625 in Product Height (in.) 4.187 in 
Product Weight (lb.) 4.5 Product Width (in.) 5.125 in 
Reconditioned No Returnable 90-Day 
Side Handle Yes Spindle Lock Yes 
Variable Speed No Wheel Diameter (in.) 4.5 in 

The Tool Review Guy recommendation of BUY




Top 10

View My Stats