January 10, 2014

Craftsman Professional 4 piece Hook and Pick Set, Item # 00947077000P Model # 47077


I’ve had this set of Craftsman Professional 4 piece Hook and Pick Set for quite a while now, and have used them sparingly. Last week I did use them on my father in-laws lawnmower transmission box, and hand truck wheel bearings. On the transmission I used the bent and a straight picks to scrape out some of the gunk out of the transmission case, mainly where the bearings sit. They did a great job cleaning the deep crevices in the transmission case.


Now on to the hand truck bearings, it’s an old hand truck, probably 20 plus years old, but well made. The bearing are rough, it rolls but not smoothly. So I used the 90 degree bent pick then the hook to softly pop out the bearing seal, leaving the old ball bearing intact. I sprayed some WD40 to clean out some of the old grease, and repacked them with Lucas multi-purpose grease. I didn’t want to hassle with looking for new bearings since it was an old hand truck. The Craftsman Professional 4 piece Hook and Pick Set worked out great, and the tips held up just fine. The Handle, much like the professional screwdrivers are very comfortable.








The best things about them are the comfortable handle, the fact they are made in the USA, and the lifetime warranty. I believe the current ones are made in the USA, and produced by Mayhew Steel Products Incorporated. Know hopefully they won’t change the country of origin to China. 





TheToolReviewGuy Recommendation of Buy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Top 10

View My Stats