December 16, 2013

Channellock 209 9 inch version



Ok this is my second Channellock purchase; got it on Amazon from one of those Garage Journal Hot Deals that someone had listed on the online forum. At first I thought, why buy them, I’m down to one car in my house hold, and my squad car is serviced by the department, so how many times am I really going to use this thing. Truth is I have used it a lot, not as an oil filter wrench, but as a PVC wrench.










I’ve used it on my pools union PVC fittings, namely my salt chlorinator generator cell.  I've loosened the fittings in order to clean the cell with acid, and the Channellock 209 wrench has worked great for this purpose. Prior to purchasing them I used a Kobalt multipurpose strap wrench. The Kobalt  strap wrench was ok, but a hassle to set up correctly and eventually the rubber strap broke. The Channellock 209 are made of all steel construction and definitely wont break like the Kobalt strap. They are well worth the price.









Like most of the other Channellock tools, it’s coated in blue plastic insulation over the handles. They are made in the USA, and backed by Channellock warranty. I haven’t used them on my vehicle yet but look forward to using them soon.


Features 

  • Jaw capacity accommodates 3 most popular oil filters: 2 5/8", 3", 3 3/4"
  • Removes oil filters from cars, trucks, motorcycles, ATV's, and lawn and garden equipment
  • High carbon steel construction
  • PermaLock fastener eliminates nut and bolt failure
  • Right angle teeth help ensure a strong grip

Technical Details
Part Number209
Item Weight7.2 ounces
Product Dimensions18 x 5.9 x 1 inches
Item model number209
Item Package Quantity1
Warranty Descriptionreturned tool replacement subject to decision of Channellock, Inc.


TheToolReviewGuy Recommendation of Buy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top 10

View My Stats