October 04, 2013

Tru-Flate Model# 17-555 10-160 PSI Dial Truck Tire Pressure Gauge Accu-Gage


Today’s tire pressure gauge review is of the Tru-Flate brand Dial Truck Tire Gauge I purchased, via eBay for 20 dollars shipped. I just received it in via UPS and now I finally have an accurate USA made tire pressure gauge. I've had various other imported brands of tire pressure gauges; they work OK and were some what accurate. I’ve used the Harbor Fright Dual Chuck tire inflator model 90670 for years, but it was not very accurate so I used a Slime brand pressure gauge to check my tire pressure. Like I said they were good but made me think I needed a true and tested brand. I found out that True-Flate Accu-Gage were made by Plews & Edelmann in Dixon Illinois, and are made in the USA.








The model I purchased has some weight  to it, the rubber hose has a nylon braided cover to protect it. The fittings look to be brass, not sure but feel to be of quality materials. The gauge goes from 0 to 160 PSI, and is covered by a rubber casing to protect it if you drop it. All in all it feels like it’s made of quality materials. Tested it on my Ford Police Interceptor, and it was accurate, easy to use, and matched up with my Slime mini dial gauge. If you over inflate the tire, you can press the brass button and release air while you watch the pressure gauge reading drop, until you reach your desired PSI. All in all it’s a great tool and I would recommend it to everyone.










The Tool Review Guy recommendation of BUY




  • Easy to read dial gauge complete with a rugged protective rubber casing
  • Pressure holding gauge has an automatic reset/release valve
  • Includes a 12 inch flexible hose and chrome plated zinc dual foot chuck
  • 10-60 PSI in 5 pound increments












Technical Details of Tru-Flate Tire Pressure Gauge


  • Brand                           Tru-Flate
  • Model                           17-555
  • Product Dimensions  12.5 x 6.2 x 0.6 inches


Top 10

View My Stats