June 18, 2013

Bosch 18-Volt Lithium-Ion 2-Tool Combo Kit Model# CLPK232-181





I remember when I purchased my first cordless drill combo kit back in November of 2005. It was a Skil 18 volt NiCad set and I thought it was the bomb. Six weeks later it wasn’t such a good buy, boy have cordless power tools come a long way. In November of 2011 I purchased the Bosch CLPK232-181 18-Volt Lithium-Ion 2-Tool Combo Kit from Amazon for $90.98. Yes that’s not a typo, nor was it rebuilt. Apparently they had made a price mistake, and honored the price they had listed it for online. 


When the unit arrived it came with a Nylon bag, two Lithium-Ion batteries, two belt clips, a charger, both drills, and an assortment of warranty and other documentation. Immediately upon holding the drill driver and impact driver with their batteries locked in place I noticed how well the felt in my hand, and how balanced they were. 



The batteries come on and off with ease, and take roughly 30 minutes for a full charge. There’s an led display on the batteries that will tell you how much charge is left.


 I have used the impact driver to install 3 inch white Tapcon concrete screws while installing, my aluminum windows and never had a problem with its power or torque.

 The drill driver also delivers good performance. I have used it with spade drill bits, and it cut through a 2 x 4 piece of pine with no problem. 



I can honestly say these are up to know the best cordless drill set I have ever purchased, and after over a year of steady use, they are still going strong. 





The Tool Review Guy recommendation of BUY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top 10

View My Stats