June 18, 2013

Dewalt 12-Volt Max 3/8 inch Cordless Drill Driver Model # DCD710S


Today’s review will be the Dewalt 12-Volt Max 3/8 inch Cordless Drill Driver, Model # DCD710S. This is my second DEWALT Drill Driver that I have owned over the years. The last one I had was an old 14.4 volt NiCad drill that I used until the forward/reverse lever switch broke. DEWALT is a well known brand that has a large following and brand respect. I tend to buy tools when they are sale, and even then I tend to lean towards Bosch or Milwaukee. But I have been hearing good things about DEWALTS Lithium Ion line and decided to try one out.













My DEWALT cordless drill came with a fast 30 minute charger, two Lithium Ion batteries, belt clips, and a nylon bag. They go for 149.00, but I got it on one of those Lowe's clearance tables, as a used item with a burnt motor for 20 bucks. I had it RMA'd and it was repaired under warranty, got lucky I guess. First let me tell you that I am impressed, it has a good feel to it, at least in my medium sized hands. It’s a well balanced drill and surprisingly the 12volt battery gives it ample torque for most tasks around the house. It has a 3/8 inch keyless chuck and a LED light just above the trigger so you can see what you’re drilling. It has a dual torque transmission that goes 0 to 400 RPM and 0 to 1500 RPM. Makes it well suited for those screws you want to slowly insert into a finished piece of wood stock, and not take a chance slipping off and marring the piece your working on. It also has rubber protectors on the each side so when you lay it down the drill will not damage the material your working on. 


Over all I like this Drill, it surprising how much power you can get for 12 volts these days. I recommend the DEWALT 12 volt Drill Driver Model # DCD710S, for anyone wanting to do some work around the house, and even for the professional who may need a light weight drill for installation jobs. 





  The Tool Review Guy recommendation of BUY




Top 10

View My Stats